Well, here we are. Another year has gone by, and the planet spins merrily on.
Things for which I am grateful in the New Year:
– My loving wife, Susan
– My kids, who keep me on my toes
– My thermal carafe, which keeps my coffee warm all day Saturday (Best Invention Ever!)
– Time for writing
– Time for reading
– Electricity, so I can write and read (You’d be grateful too, if you had lost power for four and a half days after an ice storm.)
– Michigan State University’s 24-20 win over Stanford in the Rose Bowl
And last, but most definitely not least:
– A kind and gracious God who has seen fit to leave me on the mortal plane, for a while yet, anyway.